Systems Support Specialist
BVU Authority (BVU) has an opening for a Systems Support Specialist. This position will be responsible for supporting the installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems’ hardware and software utilized by BVU. This position will work with various departments, vendors, and consultants to support the technical needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users may encounter.
• Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates, and patches.
• Design, develop and test interfaces and upgrades of existing systems.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Participate in projects to implement new systems.
• Troubleshoot issues reported by the software user and provide solutions.
• Troubleshoot, upgrade, monitor, and diagnose application and system problems to enable ongoing business.
• Work with Electric and Water Departments to install and maintain communication devices in the SCADA and Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) Network System.
• Installation and configuration, and maintenance of systems’ hardware and software. Examples CSA, Milsoft’s Dispatch, IVR, SCADA, MS Exchange Server, ESRI, Telemetry, Galaxy Access Control System, Avigilon Camera System, Gas Boy Fuel System Software, Filehold, and Window Servers.
• Provide backup to the Dispatcher/OMS Specialist and work on-call rotation schedule.
• Provide communication support for all SCADA equipment.
• Learn QEI and VT SCADA programming for telemetry to SCADA from Relays, Capacitors, IntelliRupters, water flow meters, wastewater meters, etc.
• Other duties as directed by System Administrator.
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields required.
• Minimum three years of information technology experience required.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and major server/client operating systems.
• Knowledge in troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software issues, network equipment and VoIP equipment.
• Microsoft Certification is a plus.
• Strong computer literacy skills with emphasis on software/hardware knowledge, installs, use.
• Technical-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems.
• Familiar with enterprise-level backup systems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications, database applications, Internet and internet protocols.
• Knowledge of smart phone and mobile device platforms.
• Experience with computer imaging products is a plus.
• Ability to provide quality service to internal and external customers in all assigned tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, suppliers, and customer to help to identify and solve problems.
• Ability to multitask – sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude and manage time efficiently.
• Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems,
• Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
• Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service and teamwork skills.
• Proficiency in problem solving, and time management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
• Goal-oriented, organized team player.
Applicants may pick up and complete an employment application at our offices at 15022 Lee Highway, Bristol, VA 24202, or mail, fax or email a resume to BVU Authority, Attention Human Resources, P. O. Box 8100, Bristol, Virginia 24203-8100, Fax No. (276) 642-2020, email email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for this position is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2020.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
BVU Authority wishes to be in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In accordance with the Act, we will make reasonable accommodation to any employee who needs such accommodation, whether a new hire or a current employee, assuming that the person is fully qualified for the position.