When moving to a new residence, you always face many last-minute details. One detail that we can make easier is connecting your electric service at your new residence.
If you are moving from one residence in our service area to another, please notify your BVU representative. We will work with your schedule to disconnect electric service at your existing address and have your service connected at your new address on the dates that you request.
Have Your Details Handy. You can apply for electric service either online using the link above or in person at 15022 Lee Highway, Bristol, VA. When applying, please have the following information ready:
- Your name (primary account holder)
- Service address (where the power is to be turned on)
- Phone Number (home, work, mobile, etc.)
- Social Security number (primary account holder)
- Co-applicant (spouse or roommate) name & Social Security number
- Mailing address (if different than service address)
- Effective date you would like service to be turned on (Monday through Friday)
Services will be connected at your new residence within three business days of your completed application. Same-day service may be available; inquire for details.
Additional Required Documentation. You may be asked for additional information to complete your request. This may include a copy or photo of your:
- Valid, government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Proof of ownership or Lease Agreement (first and last page only)
We’ll Reach Out to You. You will receive follow up information and instructions to complete your service request within one business day of the date we receive all required documentation. If you have not heard from a BVU representative by the end of the business day following your application, please check the status of your application by calling 276-669-4112, option 6.